This morning I ran in the 1st Borderfest 1/2 Marathon with two of my really good friends, Vicki and Ashley. It was a beautiful day for the race. It was pretty cool at the start, but warmed up by the 3rd mile or so. Luckily, we saw a friend of ours cheering and we threw her our jackets. The race was flat as can be and not very scenic! The highlights of the run was getting to run right next to the new border wall and seeing several border patrol men standing guard with their big ole guns. At least we know no runners were kidnapped during the race! The finish line was inside the arena where the Killer Bees (hockey team) play. I just had to beat this older winter Texan so I sped past her before the finish line, to finish with a time of 1:48:32 (according to my watch). I had not been training very much so I was pleasantly surprised at how well Ashley and I did. Unfortunately, they were a little unorganized and the water was not at the finish line! We had to walk around to search for the water tables. Not cool after you just ran 13.1 miles! I guess they'll figure it out for next year. After I got home Vicki sent me a text saying I got 2nd place for my age group! Haha! I guess I should have stuck around for my medal, but I had no idea! Oh well, it was a great race and a great day! I can't complain!

Pre race picture: Vicki, Ashley and me

Post race picture: Ashley, Vicki and me
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.