Monday, January 17, 2011

Jack's First Christmas

Oh my goodness... I am so far behind in this blogging thing! I just can't seem to get my act together and stay on top of this. I'll try to remember everything about Jack's first Christmas.

Jack and I left Weslaco the Tuesday before Christmas and headed to my parents house. That evening we went to watch Lance Pevehouse, who plays basketball for the Sam Houston State basketball team play against the University of Houston Cougars. This was Jack's first basketball game to watch. He did great! He watched the not so good looking cheerleaders half the time and got passed around between his Mimi and Aunts.

Rocco came into town on Thursday afternoon and we all went out to eat at a different Mexican restaurant in League City, called La Brisa. Surprising we didn't go to San Lorenzo's... I know! It was very good and the margaritas were yummy so I  can't complain.

By Christmas Eve Jack had developed a cold, again! My poor little guy! So my mom, sisters and Rocco and I went to the 4:30 children's mass at St. Mary's and my dad stayed home with Jack. Mass was packed as usual... we all had to stand except for my mom and Becky. After mass we came home and got ready for my parents annual Christmas Eve party. I made Rocco's Grandma's Italian Creme cake... it was fabulous and a big hit at the party. My mom made her famous lasagnas, crab muffins and had a ham. Rocco made his award-winning stuffed jalapenos. We had a great time, but my sick little guy slept the whole entire party! Everyone was so disappointed because they wanted to see Jack. We kept going up to check on him and he was out! I woke him up to feed him and put his Christmas pajama's on and he passed right back out. The party finally ended around 2am and then Santa Claus came. He must have had a hard time fitting through the chimney because there were so many gifts under the tree.



Christmas morning we woke up around 8am or so and took Jack downstairs to see the tree and all the gifts that Santa had delivered. We had to wait a while for the rest of the household to wake up. Jack did good opening his first presents. He actually sat and ripped open a few with his Daddy and Mommy's help. We of course had to place a large red bow on his bald head and take pictures. For being sick he was a good sport and enjoyed the bows and wrapping paper the most. Jack got a race car track, a singing basketball net, 2 riding/walking toys, a frog pillow pal, van's sneakers, a dog that sings and moves, books and I am sure I am forgetting a few... needless to say he made out pretty well for his first Christmas.



After we opened our presents and ate some breakfast we loaded up and headed out to the Fasano Ranch in D'Hanis to spend the rest of the day with the Fasano's and attend Christmas at the Ranch with all of Bette's extended family. We got to open more presents at the ranch when  we exchanged gifts with Nana, Grandpa John, Jeana and Matt and Jason and Becky's family. We had a great time and Jack made out well again! He got a tool bench that sings and lights up, a book that sings songs and a rocking horse that talks to you (oh joy!).

The day after Christmas we went to the ZMZ Ranch, where they kids get stockings full of toys and candy and the adults participate in a white elephant gift exchange. There were 29 kids under the age of 18... so that means there were 29 stockings hung and filled to the gills! It was so cute! Jack is one of six babies born into the family in 2010. He is not the youngest, but he is definitely the smallest! There were 48 adults participating in the gift exchange. We all sat around and drew numbers to open our presents. It was a lot of fun!
Angela & Jessica (twins 9mon), Bryson (7mon), Jack (6mon), Jenna (5mon), Bryson (5mon)



On Monday following Christmas we headed back to League City. We took Jack to Galveston one day. We walked around the strand and had lunch at the Rainforest cafe on the Seawall. Jack loved it! He watched all the animals and butterflies hanging from the ceiling. The rest of the week we just hung out with my parents and sisters. Rocco left for Dallas on New Years Eve so he could watch Texas Tech play in their bowl game on New Years day. So Jack and Mommy stayed in League City. Jack and I did absolutely nothing for New Years Eve! He went to bed at 8 like he usually does and I stayed home while everyone else went out! I ended up going to bed at 10:30 because I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. I slept right on through the New Year (lame, I know)! New Years Day my mom made our usual New Years dinner of pork, sour kraut, mashed potatoes and black eyed peas. It was delicious as usual!




We headed back to the Weslaco the Monday after New Years. It was hard adjusting back to our normal routine, but it was good to be home! We had a great 2 weeks in League City and at the ranch. We are looking forward to Christmas next year when Jack will be walking/running around. I am nervous for the Christmas trees next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.