On Saturday, May 29th was my 2nd baby shower. It was hosted by two of my closest friends, Amanda Humphreys and Vicki Papacek and Vicki's mom, Linda Taormina. It was a beautiful shower. We had chicken salad croissant sandwiches, Apache dip, hummus dip for veggies and pita chips, pinwheel sandwiches, fruit and some awesome little petite fours. My mom and sisters came and one of my best friends from Houston, Jami. Rocco's mom (Bette) and sister (Jeana) came along with both of his grandmothers (Noni and Grandma), and his Aunt Shirley. The shower had a great turn out for it being Memorial Day weekend. We got some awesome gifts that included: the Chicco travel system, pack-n-play and high chair.
My sisters flew in on Wednesday before the shower to help me out with things around the house and run errands for me since I am on bed rest. First, I sent them to the HEB in Weslaco. I thought I would send them somewhere slightly easy on their first day in the Valley. They did a good job and they even gave me my change back! On Friday, I felt brave and sent them to the mall in McAllen to buy me nursing bra's from the Motherhood Maternity store. I told them what I wanted and that is exactly what I got! I must say my sisters impressed me... they didn't get lost and they didn't spend all my money. Becky only made a few comments about the people she saw at the store and the mall, which didn't surprise me one bit!
Then my parents came on Friday for the rest of the weekend. It was great having them all here for the shower and to help get baby Jack's room ready and all of his new accessories put together. After the shower my sisters were ready to work. They put everything together for us... the swing, the bouncer chair, mobile and even washed and folded Jack's clothes! Now, while the girls were doing all of these things it took my dad, Rocco and Colter (Jami's fiance) to put the pack-n-play together! It was quite a sight! It was very hard for me to just sit there and watch these 3 grown men struggle. Finally, they got it and it is now ready and in a our bedroom waiting for baby Jack's arrival. Since it was so hard to put together I am thinking we need to purchase another cheaper one for traveling or just to keep at my parents house.
On Saturday night after the shower, we took my family and Jami and Colter to the Elks Lodge for Steak Night! We figured it would be good entertainment for everyone even though it is mostly old people. Since it was steak night they had karaoke set up. Well, somehow they talked my mom and Becky into singing. So first they got up there and sang a Dixie Chicks song and then they got back up there again, with Lindsay and sang Respect. It was so funny and they provided good entertainment for the rest of the old folks at the Lodge.
Overall it was a great weekend spent with family and friends. I really wish we all lived closer together so we could have more of these fun filled weekends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.