On Wednesday this past week I went to my doctor for a check-up and like most visits to him, my blood pressure got a little high because I get myself all worked up and excited about having this baby. So they hooked me up to the monitors to check out his heart rate and to see if I was having any contractions. I was feeling relieved while I was on the monitors because I wasn't having any contractions and Jack's heart rate sounded great. So the nurse comes back in and checks my blood pressure again and it went down to normal, but when Dr. Leal came back in he tells me I am going back to the hospital to be checked for Pre-Eclampsia. WHAT!!!! I didn't show any symptoms of pre-eclampsia except for the high blood pressure. So I call Rocco and tell him to meet me back at the hospital. I had to have my mother-in-law take me to the hospital since Rocco will not let me drive anywhere since I am on bed rest.
So we get all checked into the hospital and in my room and the first thing they do is take my blood pressure and guess what????? It was already down to 114/67! I wanted to jump out of the bed and strangle my doctor for putting me in the hospital when I knew I was perfectly fine. He told me I had to stay for at least 24 hours to do a urine test. So for 24 hours I had to pour my pee into a container for them to test for protein at the end of the 24 hours since protein in the urine is a sign of pre-eclampsia. So we stay for our 24 hours and then it took almost 3 hours for the results to come back. The results come back and there was only 196mg of protein in my urine.... anything between 300 and 5,000 is considered pre-eclampsia. So I had a little bit, but they said for a pregnant woman that that was fine because of all the extra blood our bodies have to make. So home we went!
On the ride home I was starving. So the first thing Rocco suggests is Whataburger and I agreed. Yes, I was that hungry! Most of you know that I would never suggest or say yes to a fast food restaurant, but I was so hungry. I ate that burger so fast. I think I even impressed Rocco on how fast I inhaled that thing.
So we are home and resting. My doctor has me back on medicine to prevent contractions for the weekend because he is out of town. I have to go back to see him on Monday. I am guessing he will take me back off the medicine and we will just have to wait and see what happens. It is kind of exciting and nerve racking to think that maybe next week we will have a baby! I'll keep ya posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.