Rocco and I made our last trip to League City this past weekend before the baby gets here. This trip was also for my first baby shower. We arrived on Friday afternoon and ate lunch with my mom and sisters at my parents house. Of course my mom (Nonnie Jr.) would have tons of food out when we arrived. Later on Friday night we went to San Lorenzo's, our favorite Mexican restaurant in League City. Rocco would not let me have a sip of a margarita because we are now in our 8th month of pregnancy and this is when the baby's brain is developing the most. Margarita's are what I miss the most and I cannot wait to have one after Jack arrives.
On Saturday two of my best friends from growing up, Amanda and Stephanie and Amanda's mom, Kim hosted a baby shower for me. Baby Jack got lots of great gifts! We played a couple of games and ate some really good food. The cake was made by the lady who made our wedding cakes so of course it was super good! After the shower all of the girls that I grew up with hung around and we visited for a few hours. It was great getting to spend time and catch up with them.
On Sunday we went to mass with my family and then we went to eat lunch at the new Berry Hill in League City. Berry Hill has the BEST grilled fish tacos. When I lived in Houston Jami and I would go to Berry Hill every Friday after school for fish tacos and margaritas. I was super excited when the one opened up in League City. Rocco has now named Berry Hill our, "leaving League City restaurant." I seriously could eat those fish tacos everyday! After our yummy Berry Hill lunch we made the 5 and half hour trip back to the Valley. It was very strange leaving my parents house for the last time without a baby in tow. I kept telling everyone that the next time we all go out to eat in League City we will be bringing a baby along. My how our life is about to change!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.